1. You can follow your dreams someday, but right now you need to buckle down and be responsible. Someday? When is 'someday?'Someday is not a day at all. It's a foggy generalization of a time that will likely never come. Today is the only day guaranteed to you. Today is the only day you can begin to make a difference in your life. And pursuing your dreams is what life is all about. So don't be irresponsible. Don't wait until 'someday.' Make today the first day of the rest of your new life.
2. You're totally screwed if it doesn't work out. This is a giant, lame load of BS. You're not even close to being screwed. In fact, the worst case scenario is that things don't work out and you have to go back to doing exactly what you are doing right now.
3. It's safer to stay at your day job. Sure, I suppose. But you know what's even safer than that? Going home, locking yourself in your bedroom, and never, ever coming out. And just like that you will have flushed your entire life and your dreams down the toilet. Remember, safer doesn't always mean better.
4. That's impossible! It's only impossible if you never do anything about it. The reason certain things seem impossible is simply because nobody has achieved them yet. But this doesn't mean that with your help these things won't become possible in the future. If you truly dedicate yourself to an end result, almost anything is possible.
5. Only a lucky few "make it." That's because those lucky few got off their rear ends and did something about it! They had the drive, determination, and willpower that you have right now. You can be one of them. It's up to you, and only you.
6. You might fail. And failing is bad. Failures are simply stepping stones to success. No matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should be. Either you succeed or you learn something. The biggest mistake you can make is doing nothing because you're too scared to make a mistake. If you can't handle failure, then you can't handle success either.
7. You don't have access to the right resources. It's not about having the right resources; it's about exploiting the resources you do have access to.
8. You need more money saved before you can take the first step. You don't need more money. You need a plan. You need a budget. Eliminate all the nonessential costs in your life. Don't be foolish and assume that you must have a certain amount of money saved right now, or that you must quit your day job today in order to pursue your dreams. Instead, ask yourself, "What actions can I take right now with the money and resources I have right now that will bring me closer to desired goal?"
9. You don't need any help. It's smarter to go after it alone. You are the sum of the people you spend the most time with. If you hang with the wrong people, they will negatively affect you. But if you hang with the right people, you will be far more capable and powerful than you ever could have been alone. Find your tribe and work together to make a difference in all of your lives.
10. That sounds like a lot of hard work. I think success in life hinges on one key point: Finding hard work you love doing. As long as you remain true to yourself and follow your own interests, values and dreams, you can find success through passion. If you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don't stop. You're on to something big. Because hard work aren't hard when you concentrate on your passions and dreams.
Disregard these misguided bits of nonsense and you'll be well on your way to fulfilling your dreams. Now get out there and make a splash!